Investing in mutual funds is a popular way to grow wealth and achieve your financial goals. However, managing multiple mutual fund investments across various fund houses can become challenging. To simplify tracking your investments, you can obtain a consolidated mutual fund statement. In this blog post, we’ll guide you through the process of getting a consolidated statement, why it’s essential, and how it can help you stay on top of your investments.
Consolidated Mutual Fund Statement: Definition and Utility
A consolidated mutual fund statement is a single document that provides an overview of all your mutual fund investments across different asset management companies. It aggregates information about your holdings, transactions, and their current values, offering a comprehensive snapshot of your mutual fund portfolio.
- Simplify Tracking: If you have investments in multiple mutual funds, you may receive separate statements from various fund houses. A consolidated statement streamlines the process by presenting all your investments in one place, making it easier to monitor your portfolio’s performance.
- Better Decision-Making: A consolidated statement enables you to assess the overall health of your investments. With a clear picture of your portfolio, you can make informed decisions about rebalancing or adjusting your holdings.
- Convenience during Tax Filing: During tax season, you’ll need to report your mutual fund gains and losses. A consolidated statement simplifies this process by providing a summary of your capital gains and losses, saving you time and effort.
- Detecting Discrepancies: By reviewing a consolidated statement, you can quickly identify any discrepancies or errors in your investment records, ensuring that your holdings match your expectations.
How to Obtain Your Consolidated Mutual Fund Statement?
- Through Your Registered Email: Many fund houses offer the option to receive consolidated mutual fund statements via email. Log in to your mutual fund account on the respective fund house’s website and update your preferences to receive electronic statements.
- Visit the official website of the respective mutual fund company where you have investments. For example, ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund provides a consolidated mutual fund.
- Log in to your mutual fund account using your credentials (User ID and Password).
- Navigate to the account settings or preferences section.
- Look for an option related to receiving statements or communications.
- Choose to receive consolidated mutual fund statements via email. You will receive a consolidated mutual fund statement periodically.
Image credit: Value Research https://www.valueresearchonline.com/stories/33879/eight-things-to-look-for-in-your-mutual-fund-statement
- CAMS and KFin: Computer Age Management Services (CAMS) and KFintech (previously known as Karvy Fintech) are two prominent registrars and transfer agents that provide consolidated mutual fund statements. Visit their websites (https://www.kfintech.com or https://www.camsonline.com) and register for a consolidated statement.
- On the website, look for the section related to consolidated mutual fund statements.
- Create an account or log in to your existing account.
- Follow the prompts to register for a consolidated statement.
- You may need to provide your PAN, folio numbers, and other necessary details for verification.
- Once registered, you can access and download your consolidated statement from your account on their respective websites.
Image credit: MProfit https://www.valueresearchonline.com/stories/33879/eight-things-to-look-for-in-your-mutual-fund-statement/
- AMFI: The Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI) also provides an online portal called ‘Consolidated Account Statement’ (CAS) through which you can access your consolidated statement. Register on the AMFI website (https://www.amfiindia.com/) to avail this service.
- Visit the official website of AMFI.
- Look for the ‘Consolidated Account Statement’ (CAS) portal or a similar option.
- Register for an account if you haven’t already.
- Provide the required information, including your PAN and other relevant details.
- After registration, log in to your CAS account.
- You can then view and download your consolidated mutual fund statement.
- Financial Advisor or Distributor: You can request your financial advisor or distributor to provide you with a consolidated statement. They can assist in obtaining and managing your statement effectively.
- Contact your financial advisor or distributor and express your desire to receive a consolidated mutual fund statement.
- They will guide you through the process, which may involve providing your PAN and folio numbers.
- They can also assist in managing and explaining your consolidated statement, helping you better understand your investments.
- Physical Request: If you prefer a physical copy, you can contact the fund houses directly and request a consolidated statement. However, electronic statements are more environmentally friendly and convenient.
- If you prefer a physical copy of your consolidated mutual fund statement, you can contact the individual fund houses directly.
- Find the contact information for each fund house, which is typically available on their official websites.
- Reach out to their customer service or investor relations department and request a physical copy of your consolidated statement.
- Be prepared to provide your PAN and other identification details to verify your ownership.
Reviewing Your Consolidated Statement: Once you have your consolidated mutual fund statement, take the time to review it thoroughly. Check for accuracy, review your investments’ performance, and ensure that all your holdings are accounted for correctly.
A consolidated mutual fund statement is a valuable tool for simplifying your investment management. By consolidating your mutual fund holdings in one document, you can streamline tracking, make informed decisions, and ensure your investment records are accurate. Take the necessary steps to obtain your consolidated statement, and stay in control of your mutual fund investments effortlessly.